|author||Ori Bernstein <email@example.com>||2017-02-13 02:05:37 -0800|
|committer||Ori Bernstein <firstname.lastname@example.org>||2017-02-13 02:05:37 -0800|
Simplify the abstract.
Diffstat (limited to 'doc')
1 files changed, 12 insertions, 14 deletions
diff --git a/doc/lang.txt b/doc/lang.txt
index b0db488..c272133 100644
@@ -35,20 +35,18 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Myrddin is designed to be a simple, low-level programming
- language. It is designed to provide the programmer with
- predictable behavior and a transparent compilation model,
- while at the same time providing the benefits of strong type
- checking, generics, type inference, and similar. Myrddin is
- not a language designed to explore the forefront of type
- theory or compiler technology. It is not a language that is
- focused on guaranteeing perfect safety. Its focus is on being
- a practical, small, fairly well defined, and easy to
- understand language for work that needs to be close to the
- Myrddin is a computer language influenced strongly by C and
- ML, with ideas from too many other places to name.
+ Myrddin is designed to be a simple programming language.
+ It is designed to provide the programmer with predictable
+ behavior and a pragmatic set of semantics, providing the
+ benefits of strong type checking, generics, type inference,
+ and modern features with a high cost-benefit ratio. Myrddin
+ is not a language designed to explore the forefront of type
+ theory or compiler technology. Its focus is on being a
+ practical, small, well defined, and easy to understand
+ language for work that needs to be close to the hardware.
+ Myrddin is influenced strongly by C and ML, with ideas from
+ too many other places to name.
2. LEXICAL CONVENTIONS: