Diffstat (limited to 'doc/lang.txt')
1 files changed, 11 insertions, 11 deletions
diff --git a/doc/lang.txt b/doc/lang.txt
index 0a38c00..d7ebeec 100644
@@ -449,7 +449,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
a struct, which do not contribute to the size of the struct. When
allocating a struct on the heap, extra space may be reserved for
the array, allowing variable sizes of trailing data. This is not
- used commonly, but turns out to be useful for C ABI comatibility.
+ used commonly, but turns out to be useful for C ABI compatibility.
Flexible arrays can also be used another way when emulating the C
ABI. Myrddin has no tagless unions, but because runs of flexible
@@ -537,7 +537,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
defined in section 4.5.
A typaram ("@ident") is a type parameter. It is introduced as either a
- parameter of a generic declaration, or as a type paramter in a
+ parameter of a generic declaration, or as a type parameter in a
defined type. It can be constrained by any number of traits, as
described in section 4.6.
@@ -641,7 +641,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- Union tags are registered for delayed unification, with the type
for unions being the declaration type of the variable.
- Note that a generic declaration must *not* have its type unfied with
+ Note that a generic declaration must *not* have its type unified with
its use until after it has been freshened. This may imply that the
type of a generic must be registered for delayed unification.
@@ -661,7 +661,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
must be satisfied.
- If both types are compatible concrete types, then
- all subtypes are unfied recursively.
+ all subtypes are unified recursively.
- If both types are incompatible concrete types, a
type error is flagged.
@@ -711,7 +711,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
If t1 is a type variable, and t2 is not a type variable, then
t1 is checked for recursive inclusions and trait
If t2 refers to t1 by value, then the type would be infinitely
sized, and therefore the program must be rejected with a type
@@ -742,7 +742,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
- If the types are equivalent at the root (ie, $1# and
int# are both pointers at the root), then all subtypes
- are recursively unfied. The number of subtypes for both
+ are recursively unified. The number of subtypes for both
types must be the same. If the types are not equivalent
at the root, then the program must be rejected with a
@@ -1073,7 +1073,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
does not refer to any of its enclosing stack variables, then
this environment will not be created or accessed by the function.
- This environment must be transferrable to the heap in an
+ This environment must be transferable to the heap in an
implementation specific manner.
Example: Empty function literal:
@@ -1092,7 +1092,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
A function literal's arity is the same as the number of arguments
- it takes. The type of the funciton argument list is derived from
+ it takes. The type of the function argument list is derived from
the type of the arguments. The return type may be provided, or
can be left to type inference.
@@ -1122,7 +1122,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
prefixexpr: atomicexpr <unaryop>
Myrddin expressions should be fairly familiar to most programmers.
- Expressions are represented by a precedence sorted heirarchy of
+ Expressions are represented by a precedence sorted hierarchy of
binary operators. These operators operate on prefix expressions,
which in turn operate on postfix expressions. And postfix
expressions operate on parenthesized expressions, literals, or
@@ -1278,7 +1278,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
An impl expression chooses the implementation of the given trait
- declaration for the given type. It is useful for refering to trait
+ declaration for the given type. It is useful for referring to trait
declarations in a generic context. It also allows you to
disambiguate a trait declaration whose type does not refer to the
@@ -2004,7 +2004,7 @@ TABLE OF CONTENTS:
unionbody: ("`" ident [type])*
tupledef: "(" type ("," type)* ")"
- constructed: functype | sicetype | arraytype | ptrtype | void | name
+ constructed: functype | slicetype | arraytype | ptrtype | void | name
functype: "(" arglist "->" type ")"
arglist: [arg ("," arg)*]
arg: name ":" type